Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Which Boat?

I don't have a boat. I would really like to have a boat someday, but which? In Oregon, the selection of used boats is pretty poor, especially for Bass/Muskies. I think Minneapolis Craigslist will be the way to go. I would like something 17' or bigger, with casting decks front and rear. I'm not sure whether I want fiberglass or aluminum. I assume I could get more value from a weld and would like the ride better of glass. I also like the idea of a Tuffy boat, if only because they have an "Esox" model that appeals to my sense of aesthetics.

So do I want a used Tuffy Magnum Esox, or some sort of used Bass Tracker, Skeeter, Stratos, Ranger, etc? I'm not doing new no matter what. I'm also not sure if I want a console or a tiller. If anyone ever reads this, I would love some guidance. The closer to $5k the happier I would be, but I could see going up to $9k or so if it's an amazing deal.

2 comments:

photogchic said...

Sounds like the Porsche needs to move on to greener pastures:-)

markthomson said...

Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration, both of which we all need!Relay appreciate your work. yachts for sale